Saturday, May 30, 2009

Meal Plan- with all those new recipes!

I finally have a chance to post our meal plan while my mom was here. We had a great visit and it was fun to try out some new recipes. I can't believe May is over- bring on summer!Monday- grilled hamburgers and baked potato quicksides (This was my mom's first time to try the quicksides and she really liked them. They're so easy!)

Tuesday- pork chops with avocado salsa and mexican rice (So zesty and delicious!)

Wednesday- parmesan chicken (with fresh greens and lemon vinaigrette) and spaghetti (Love the fresh greens with the chicken- a nice combination)

Thursday- fusilli with sausage, artichokes, and sun-dried tomatoes (This is a dish a friend introduced me to a couple of years ago and is a family favorite)

Friday- wild mushroom and vegetable gnocchi (We weren't a fan of this dish- we ate it, but no one enjoyed it. We won't be making it again!)

Saturday- chicken and sausage gumbo with french bread (My mom's specialty...always yummy!)

Sunday- grilled cheese sandwiches! (We needed a break after being in the kitchen all week!)
Now that our home life is settling down a bit, I'm going to try to get a container garden going. I think the kids will enjoy watching things grow- and hopefully it will "grow" a fondness for eating vegetables, too.
Let me know if you try any of these recipes- and what you think!
Happy Summer,
Aimee

No comments: