Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Comfort Food

So, for the past few weeks we've been winging it around here. I haven't had much of a meal plan, so we've had our share of grilled cheese, pizza, peanut butter & jelly, and all things quick and easy. (More on that later.) But, tonight, I have a plan! I'm making this delicious dish of scalloped potatoes and ham. What's better, it is so incredibly simple. So simple, that there are no measurements in my friend's recipe- that usually makes me crazy, but right now, I appreciate it. Here's the plan...
  • Peel and thinly slice potatoes- lay in the bottom of a casserole dish
  • Add in chopped onion and pieces of ham (thinly sliced)
  • Top with shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper
  • Repeat layers as desired
  • Add in about 1" of milk
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour

Then, enjoy the potato, ham, and cheesy goodness! I'm ready- it's going in the oven right now! Throw together a side salad, or maybe some green beans... Dinner! My family will be so happy for something different than the sandwiches lately!

I'll post pics soon!

Happy June,

Aimee

www.tetonvalleyranch.com

No comments: